Calling all photographers! We’re searching for images of Derby and Derbyshire to form part of ‘Capture Derby’ – a new display launching in-centre this spring.
Celebrating photographers and their pictures of Derby, local communities and Derbyshire, we’re offering anyone with an interest in photography, from beginner to expert, the unique opportunity to have their images on display in-centre throughout the summer.
Set to launch opposite Derby Theatre in May, ‘Capture Derby’ aims to celebrate the talent of local photographers in the region, as well as showcase iconic locations across the region.
The exciting opportunity is open to anyone with an interest in photography, from beginner to professional, and we’re seeking a wide array of pictures including nature, landscape, architecture, sports and street images, to name a few.
A panel of local stakeholders and Derbion employees will select the final images, with as many as possible set to go on show as part of the display and shared across our website and social media platforms.
To submit your photograph for consideration in ‘Capture Derby’, please send your image, a brief description of your photo and your full name to email@example.com. The deadline for entries is 11:59pm on Sunday 30th April 2023.
How to get involved:
- Derbion’s ‘Capture Derby’ callout and activity is completely free-of-charge and open to all ages and abilities.
- Photographs should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration before the deadline of 11:59pm on Sunday 30th April 2023.
- One entry per person.
- Image submissions should be submitted as a high-resolution TIFF or JPEG. Photographs should be at least 300dpi.
- Please include the full name/s of the photographer in the body of the email so that we can credit them alongside their image. A short description of the image is also encouraged, no more than 30 words.
- All entries chosen for display will be notified via email week commencing 1st May 2023.
- By sharing your photograph via email, you are a) confirming that you own the rights to the image and b) providing your consent for Derbion to use your image in the ‘Capture Derby’ display in-centre, as well as across Derbion’s website and social media channels.