4 on 4 off rotational pattern - 42 hours
The purpose of the Security Team Leader role is to take responsibility for setting the standard and lead your
team to deliver exceptional customer service. You will have direct line management responsibility for a large
scale multifunctional team. The role will involve developing and delivering our service model in line with our
strategic organisational objectives to become an “employer of choice”.
You will be a high energy leader, presentable and a natural communicator with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced
You will proactively champion brand initiatives through clear communication, coaching and engagement with the
delivery teams. You will be able to build strong working relationships with external agencies and stakeholders.
You will have enhanced customer relationship skills. You will have the ability to act decisively with an
uncompromising eye for detail. You will be capable of managing from the floor and not from a desk
Behavior and culture:
• You have a clear vision for the application of World Class Service in all endeavours. You lead by
example, uplifting the team, and instill a passion for excellence in delivering customer service. World
Class Service not only relates to our customers, but to all stakeholders, including contractors, retailers
• You promote our operational focus on compliance, communication, consistency and collaboration in all
• You support corporate responsibility objectives including personal support to community projects and
• You are an ambassador for the centre and for health and safety, and as such you will actively promote
recognition for the team, the centre, and the wider business through your exemplary behaviour.
• Promote healthy lifestyles and positive mental health and wellbeing, through workplace initiatives,
promoting support and escalating concerns to relevant people.
• Understanding the key aspects of the security strategy for the centre and to follow instruction from your
line manager to deliver that strategy into the security team through effective supervision and leading by
• To deliver outstanding customer service to all visitors and colleagues and retail partners with the centre.
• To maintain and develop the customer service standards of the centre.
• Ensure that customer comments are recorded and ensure that customer feedback is passed on to
• To supervise the performance of the team within the operational department.
• Organize staff rotas and holiday to maintain an effective operational team within your department.
• Update shift status boards to ensure that all security staff on the shift rota know where staff deployed.
• Manage sickness, absence and return to work interviews as directed by your immediate line manager
and in line with the company HR policy.
• Through effective supervision ensure that the security team are well groomed in appearance at the
beginning of their shift and at all times when on duty in line with the company uniform policy.
• Hold security specific team huddles/briefings and impart specific security information in relation to both
national and local security threats and intelligence.
• Coaching, training and mentoring team members and new members of the security team on how
conduct their security duties in line with company policy and the company security strategy.
• Ensure that a customer focused, hands off security culture is maintained at all times and situations in
line with company policy and safe hold training.
• Monitor radio communication to ensure that company procedure and policy are adhered to at all times.
• Respond to all incidents in the centre and car parks and provide appropriate leadership and guidance
to manage incidents to a safe and satisfactory conclusion.
• Responsible for issuing enforcement notifications to relevant excluded parties and ensure that all
information is collated in accordance with the data protection act.
• Act as bronze commander in the event of a serious/major incident at the centre.
• To have pride in the centre and help to maintain its high standards in all areas of your work.
Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and workloads.
• Highly developed analysing, influencing and relationship management skills.
• Flexible, problem solving and remain calm under pressure.
• Helpful, polite and approachable at all times.
• Good interpersonal skills and happy working in a customer service role.
• Excellent communicator at all levels, fluent in English and enjoys working as part of a team.
• Able to work on own initiative, be flexible and reliable and keen to gain skills.
• Maintain a smart appearance at all times in line with the Company dress code.
• You need to be able to follow instructions and be confident in briefing in key messages to your direct reports.
Qualifications and experience:
• Hold a front line SIA Security Guarding Licence.
• Have experience in working within a security role or within a supervisory role in another function.
To hold a front line Public Space Security CCTV SIA Licence
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Recruitment@Derbion.com
using ‘Security Team Leader‘ in the subject line
April 26, 2022
Sign up to receive the latest updates on what is happening at Derbion including what's new, offers and events