42 hours per week
The CCTV Control Room Operative to work in the control room and undertake day to day monitoring and
delivery of security services within the control room, supporting the security operation at the centre.The
operative will ensure exemplary standards of security and customer service are provided to the client and
visitors to the site at all times.
To be part of a team in a roster pattern.
• Ensure compliance with all internal procedures, site processes and external bodies including
enforcement agencies and auditory bodies
• Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events
• Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carrying out duties to the
• To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform
• Ensuring all incidents are managed in accordance with site policies and procedures.
• Liaising with the Security Manager proactively reacting to incidents and ensuring colleagues are fully
briefed and supported at all times.
• To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies including fire and bomb scares ensuring the onsite
team and client are kept fully informed at all times.
• Intelligent understanding of human behaviour, monitoring and surveillance of suspect individuals
logging and reporting incidents in line with site / company polices.
• Maintain vigilance and highlight / manage unauthorised access by banned persons.
• Provide assistance to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all site procedures / policies are
• Being fully conversant with operational functions including access control, CCTV, detection and alarm
systems, ensuring effective monitoring and reporting function is maintained.
• Maintain continuous monitoring of site radio systems adhering to correct radio procedures at all times.
• Diligent management and maintenance of site records / reference materials including Health & Safety
records, Incident Forms and the site occurrence book
• To provide regular liaison and timely feedback to the management team on all aspects of service
delivery, implementing effective solutions and corrective action to enhance the service.
• Report any event that may be detrimental to the fulfillment of the provision of security on site to the
Security team leader/Security Manager.
• Support the Security Manager with any internal / external audits in line with company polices and
• To be the first point of contact for security function related queries resolving more complex queries
utilising experience and knowledge referring any complaints with regards to security practices, to the
security management team or centre management.
• Make certain that the Continuous Improvement Process is an integral part of service delivery
increasingly adding value to both the business and our client.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
• Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
• Access control of the centre’s service yards monitoring all deliveries.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Successful track record of delivering security solutions to internal client base
• SIA Door Supervision licence
• CCTV SIA Licence
• Experience of working in a customer focussed environment
• First aid qualified or willing to work towards qualification
• Professional or further qualification in Security
• Experience in control room monitoring
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to articulate clearly and credibly with the client, senior managers and all staff.
• Capability to work unsupervised and take responsibility
• Aptitude to remain calm under pressure
• Smart appearance
• Flexible/can do attitude
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Recruitment@Derbion.com
using ‘CCTV Control Room Officer (Nights)’ in the subject line
April 1, 2022
Sign up to receive the latest updates on what is happening at Derbion including what's new, offers and events