40 hours per week
The purpose of the duty manager role is to take responsibility for operational delivery at the Derbion Shopping
centre in line with our objectives of delivering the best customer experience at the centre.
As part of a team of duty managers with full operational responsibility for the delivery of exceptional customer
service standards, you will have direct line management responsibility for teams including, but not restricted to,
cleaning, customer services and security
• You will be a result driven people manager with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced changing
environment. You will proactively champion brand initiatives through clear communication, coaching
and engagement with the delivery teams. Along with enhanced customer relationship skills, you will
possess the ability to act decisively with an uncompromising eye for detail; to ensure the centre is
immaculately presented, safe and secure throughout trading times. The role will suit candidates who
enjoy managing “from the floor” and not from a desk
• You are to promote our operational focus on compliance, communication, consistency and
collaboration in all you deliver.
• To support Derbion’s corporate responsibility objectives including personal support to community
projects and activities.
• Delivering a safe, clean, and attractive environment for customers, retailers, and team members,
ensuring all the building and malls and car parks are fit for purpose.
• Ensure daily quality audit checks are completed in line with agreed schedules.
• Maintain regular contact with centre management team and deal with any issues efficiently and in a
• Ensure full and active participation in the daily huddles and departmental briefings from your team.
• Communicate relevant and business critical information and objectives to the team.
• Ensure all team members adhere to Derbion’s appearance guidelines always whilst on duty.
• Provide team support, coaching, development, and training including toolbox training.
• Manage local HR related issues and assist with HR administration, including performance reviews,
performance management and absence reporting.
• Work in partnership with HR to ensure compliance with employment legislation and best practice and
ensure HR procedures are always adhered to.
• Check absence, overtime, and complete timesheets for payroll to administer.
• Ensure the effective management of stock in line with operational requirements.
• Undertake regular retailer tenant visits to maintain positive working relationships, gain constructive
feedback and provide support and assistance.
• Ensure mall trading clients are operating within Derbion’s guidelines.
• Induct new retailers and managers (as required), ensuring adherence with centre based policies and
• Engage and respond to customer complaints and provide feedback to comments.
• Lead in the co-ordination of emergency situations and crisis management to ensure business
continuity is retained.
• Ensure all accident and incidents are reported and recorded correctly.
• Identify centre improvements and ensure ideas are escalated through correct channels.
• Manage and ensure compliance with all aspects of health and safety / quality assurance /
environmental requirements across the centre.
• Ensure compliance with security requirements as set down by the Security Industry Authority (SIA).
• Ensure security standards are maintained in accordance with the assignment instructions and SOP’s.
• Ensure environmental standards are maintained in accordance with assignment instructions and
• Manage all subcontracted and brought in services for cleaning and security.
• Develop strong relationships with marketing and the wider support teams to support the delivery of
• Provide duty management cover on rotational basis and act as the responsible person at the centre for
all escalation points where applicable for the centre.
• Ensure the effective use of equipment and materials. Monitor the use of materials and order stocks as
• Report all defects in the centre through the appropriate channels making sure they are followed up and
• Responsibility for cash handling and management of lost property when required.
• Excellent customer service skills, with previous experience of dealing with internal and external clients
• Polite, professional, articulate, outgoing and a confident communicator (both written and verbally)
• A high level of interpersonal skills and a willingness to work as part of a team collaborating with both
the local team and relevant head office departments.
• Ability to prioritise workload and meet the daily demands of the team either working alone or as part of
• Adaptable and flexible whilst working in a busy multi skilled office environment
• Excellent attention to detail and presentation
• Understanding the need for confidentiality when dealing with both internal and external information
Qualifications & experience:
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications, skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint are of
• Experience of working in an administrative environment
• Experience of managing large teams, across a variety of disciplines including security, cleaning, and
• Experience gained at supervisory/management level for 2+ years.
• Experience in organising rotas and working patterns.
• Experience in a similar fast-paced customer facing environment.
• Previous experience working for a company in the facilities, retail, and hospitality sector recognized as
an employer of choice or striving to obtain employer of choice status.
• Knowledge of facilities management operations.
• IOSH qualified.
• SIA non-front-line licence.
• BICS qualified.
• BIFM membership.
• ILM NVQ or equivalent.
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Recruitment@Derbion.com using ‘Derbion – Duty Manager‘ in the subject line
October 31, 2022
Sign up to receive the latest updates on what is happening at Derbion including what's new, offers and events