7 hours / week - Monday – Sunday
As the Customer Services Assistant you will ensure exemplary standards in communication to our customers,
retailers and team members and be an ambassador for World Class Service delivery within the Derbion centre.
• Courteous communication skills are required to liaise with members of the public and
• Delivering world class customer service to all visitors and colleagues
• Taking the initiative in assisting customers
• Dealing with any customer/visitor enquiry in a professional, friendly way
• Making customer service suggestions for improvement
• Achieving customer service performance standards
• Being able to interpret customers’ needs and deliver meaningful advice
• Providing a quality, efficient and friendly service
• Ensuring a good knowledge of all facilities and processes in order to deal with customer’s
queries, complaints and compliments in line with company procedure
• Demonstrate the ability to deliver a first-class customer experience and have good written
skills for social media and customer communication
• To proactively engage with customers throughout the shopping centre providing assistance,
direction and deliver exceptional standards of customer service
• To provide a presence on the Centre’s Customer Service Desk, assisting with queries from
shoppers, selling gift cards, processing parcels and deal with retailer queries
• Ensure that customer comments are recorded and ensure that customer feedback is passed
• To liaise with all other departments, as appropriate.
• Having pride in the centre; and helping to maintain its high standards in all that you do
• Taking care of own and others health and safety
• Being observant at all times, and reporting any suspicious packages or persons immediately
• Report any security incidents to Security Control
• Maintaining a smart and well-groomed appearance meeting our uniform standards
• Support Centre events and initiatives by advising customers of upcoming activity and events
in the Centre.
• Liaise with retailers as part of the Centre’s retailer liaison programme.
• Ensure that a positive image of the centre is displayed at all times.
• Meet gift card targets in line with company expectations.
• Correct processing of the gift card scheme maintaining files/records as required and ensuring
targets are met.
• Correct cashiering procedures to be followed at all times
• Be “eyes and ears” of the mall ensuring that the centre is presented in the best possible way
and that any defects are reported and resolved quickly and efficiently.
• Handling any queries with regards to “lost persons” or lost property.
• Process accident/incident reports as required in a timely and accurate manner.
• Support all marketing initiatives on site as required.
• Undertaking any further duties as requested by the supervisory or management team
• Increasing your knowledge and skills through education and training
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Recruitment@Derbion.com using ‘Derbion – Customer Service Assistant (7 hours)‘ in the subject line
October 31, 2023