40 hours per week, five days out of seven, flexible to support evenings and nights as required.
Purpose of the Role
Management and provision of fire & safety requirements for the centre, and being responsible for the
site fire strategy.
Achieve and maintain compliance with the all relevant Fire Safety and associated Health & Safety
legislation in relation to the property and activities undertaken.
The role forms part of the duty management rota, working evenings and weekends on a rota basis
as required by the business.
• Management and provision of fire & safety requirements for the centre, ensuring achieve and
maintain compliance with the all relevant fire safety and associated health & safety legislation in
relation to the property and activities undertaken.
• Working in partnership with regional and centre teams to deliver the centre and group QSHE
objectives, provide support and updates for each centre, driving continuous improvement and
ensuring legal compliance with all relevant legislation.
• To lead and support the centres in the on-going development of a world class safety culture in line
with the QSHE objectives of the business.
• To support the implementation of health & safety policy and procedures and to develop and
maintain health & safety documentation, advising departmental managers and staff of fire safety
and health & safety responsibilities.
• Completion of fire safety and health & safety audits and compliance inspections of landlord’s
areas, tenants’ demises and tracking of actions to resolve nonconformance with legislation and
company policy and procedures.
• Working alongside the event project team, lead on installation, launch and take-down safety for key
events such as Christmas decorations.
• Provide fire safety, life safety, emergency procedure and other health & safety training to the centre
teams on a regular basis to ensure compliance with statutory and policy requirements.
• To develop strong, positive and proactive relationships with local EHO and other local authority
agencies including the emergency services to plan and deliver fire drills and other safety exercises.
• Management of health & safety systems including but not limited to Info-Exchange, Datastation
and processes to support ISO accreditations.
• Ensuring first class relationships and outstanding customer service levels are achieved at all times.
• Flexibility to support evening and nights as required.
• Chair the Health & Safety Committee on site ensuring that actions are tracked and managed with
clear briefs provided to the wider team.
• Full oversight and management of the Derbion risk register.
• Working with new and existing retailers to ensure shop fits are fully compliant and that tenants are
fully compliant with their lease obligations in terms of fire safety and H&S.
• Investigate accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure that risk control measures are identified
• Regularly analyse all H&S data available (including compliance, accident, incident and near
misses) and provide a written summary for our monthly report.
• Work alongside our Claims Handling Team to assist with any insurance claims.
• You will be required to be a Duty Manager (on a roster basis).
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
A results driven, people manager with demonstrable working knowledge of Health & Safety /
compliance/ Quality Assurance / Environmental /Fire Safety and Business Continuity management
within the commercial / property / retail sectors, demonstrating the ability to drive operational
• Managing and operating at a senior level within a pressurised environment.
• Capable of managing change quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining legal compliance.
• A high energy professional capable of influencing at a senior level, developing excellent
relationship management skills with internal and external partnerships.
• Ability to work well with others, make clear decisions and continue to deliver results under
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills and an ability to establish credibility quickly.
• A pragmatic approach and a sense of teamwork.
• Demonstrate excellent skills in organisational ability, oral and written communication, report and
document writing and presentations to senior management teams and the workforce.
• Ability to manage and prioritise own and centre specific work to meet targets and deadlines.
• Financially astute with strong commercial focus applied within a large organisation. • Analytical
mind who can interpret regulations and legislation.
• Good knowledge of IT systems to a good standard.
• Health and Safety management skills gained from working within a busy, demanding, pressurised
and high-profile customer service environment or similar.
• A member of IOSH (Tech IOSH working towards Grad IOSH)
• NEBOSH diploma or similar health and safety qualifications at NVQ IV management level or
• Internal QMS auditor
• Expertise in one or more of the following disciplines – Quality/Audit, CDM, Environmental Law,
OHSAS implementation, Fire Safety and Training
• Previous experience working for a high-profile company in the retail / hospitality sector
• Ability to design and develop service delivery in line with strategic business objectives
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Recruitment@Derbion.com using ‘Derbion – Health and Safety Manager ‘ in the subject line
December 31, 2023