Purpose of the Role
• To carry out planned, preventative maintenance and reactive/repair works on the building services plant
• Undertake tasks in accordance with Quality Assurance and H&S Systems.
Day to Day
• To carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with the HVAC specification and annual maintenance programme.
• Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximize the operation effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
• To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
• Ensure Company & Site, Health & Safety procedures are always followed.
• Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works.
• To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with callouts/repairs as required and requested by management.
• Attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours.
• Carry out tasks within typical plant room environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided.
• Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner.
• To proactively work towards the continued success and support the centre with a positive approach.
• Complete any other associated task requested by the management.
• Weekend working required, (rota basis).
• This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Health and Safety
• Ensure health & safety regulations and safe working practices are in place, carrying out general maintenance inspections of all internal common areas, courtyards, plant rooms and building systems.
• Comply with all relevant health and safety legislation and procedures, including task specific risk assessments and method statements, in the carrying out of maintenance duties, reporting any potentially unsafe working methods, installations or equipment to management as
• Be responsible for clear and safe pedestrian access to all Derbion areas, particularly in adverse weather conditions i.e. clearing snow, gritting etc, working with external agencies tasked to assist.
• React in accordance with emergency response plans for water leaks, gas leaks, power failure, bomb threats and other such incidents, including escalation to service providers and emergency services as required.
• Provide assistance, communication and support with first aid incidents, contacting emergency services and completing appropriate in-house accident and emergency reports.
• Identify local hazards and breaches in common areas, such as unauthorised storage, spillages, broken glass, litter, noise and balcony offences, reporting to the Duty Manager as appropriate.
• To deal with lift release, once trained, offering comfort and support to trapped personnel and ensuring a lift engineer is called out and attends site within agreed contractual timeframes.
• Walk areas of responsibility, identifying defects, trip hazards, damage, vandalism, unlawfully parked cars and to be generally aware of safety and security, reporting incidents to the Duty Manager.
• Ensure safety and compliance when carrying out all maintenance work or where co-working is required.
• To undertake building condition surveys and provide clear written remedial reports to Estate Manager.
• Ensure all necessary paperwork, either manually or electronically, is completed accurately and in a timely manner, to include work requests and legislative or safety documentation.
• To assist with maintenance equipment warranties and maintenance agreements for machinery and equipment through regular audit and inspection, reporting findings to management.
• To ensure all tools are maintained, kept secure and are only used by authorised personnel.
• Assist with defects liability management, ensuring all defects identified are reported.
• Inspect and maintain as necessary all exterior and interior doors, lubricate door hinges, check functioning of locks and door closing devices, ensuring serviceability at all time.
• Painting as and when required.
• To attend training courses, including online training, to keep abreast of new developments and statutory regulations.
• To provide guidance and coaching on job training to handymen and other disciplines when coworking.
• Embrace the Derbion vision and values and their delivery into all building services, fully integrating such vision and values and incorporating aspirations of clients and stakeholders.
• Undertake any other duty as requested by the Line Manager or acting Line Manager as might be reasonably expected or required, including assistance with ad hoc projects.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• City & Guilds or NVQ level 3 in Plumbing
• Proven mechanical skills in all aspects of Building Services.
• Working knowledge of Air handling units, pumps, calorifiers CWS and HWS systems
• Ability to fault find and resolve problems
• Sound Judgment and examples of logical problem solving.
• Previous experience of working within a team in a maintenance environment.
• Competent working knowledge of all aspects associated with building services
• At least two years previous experience within a similar role.
• Good command of the English language and able to write reports.
• Available to work out of hours and at weekends on a rota basis.
• A good understanding of health and safety in a maintenance environment
• Experience of working to planned delivery of routine maintenance (PPM) .
• IEE 18th Edition
• IPAF certificate
• Proven experience in working within a team.
• Formal Health and Safety training
• GCSE in Maths and English or equivalent
• Knowledge of Building management systems (BMS)