40 hours. Shift rota pattern over 7 days
The purpose of the environmental services team leader role is to ensure excellent standards of cleaning,
waste, car park cleaning and customer service are provided to customers at all times.
Responsible for direct line management responsibility for the team including team building and morale.
• You will be expected to positively contribute to the performance of the business and ensure that
customer service is delivered by all members of the team.
• You will be a high energy leader, presentable and a natural communicator with the ability to adapt to a
fast-paced changing environment. You will need to champion brand initiatives through clear
communication, coaching and engagement with the delivery teams.
• You will be a proactive, natural leader, with the ability to lead your team with a “hands on” approach.
• You will have the ability to act decisively with an uncompromising eye for detail; to ensure the centre is
immaculately presented, safe and secure.
• You promote our operational focus on compliance, communication, consistency and collaboration in all
• You support Derbion’s corporate responsibility objectives including personal support to community
projects and activities.
• To support the manager in the operational delivery of shift cleaning, waste, car park cleaning and
customer service within the shopping centre.
• Ensure compliance with all internal procedures, site processes and external bodies including
enforcement agencies and auditory bodies.
• Deliver the rota ensuring correct manning levels are maintained at all times.
• Assist with staff attendance records in line with company procedures.
• Motivate and monitor the team to achieve the highest possible standards of service delivery.
• Maintain standards of performance, discipline and welfare for the team in accordance with company
• To support the manager in development of staff.
• Management of the cleaning equipment, consumables and materials, including stock control.
• To ensure all equipment/machinery is in good working order. To report any machine faults to manager
to ensure repairs are effected quickly.
• Daily monitoring of cleaning standards throughout the front and back of house areas ensuring team
proactively respond to all tasks as required.
• To ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with the relevant H&S
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
• Ensure a timely response to all issues and events.
• To ensure that records are held and updated as required.
• Ensure all periodic cleaning tasks are carried out to the schedule.
• To take a proactive approach to continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of the job.
• To ensure appropriate equipment is available for the cleaning team to carry out their role.
• Support manager in operational HR responsibilities to retain and develop the shift team.
• To deliver excellent communication and motivation for all direct reports.
• Work with the manager ensuring all new starters are inducted and trained in accordance to the
contractual and statutory requirements.
• To ensure toolbox talks are completed as per company policy.
To assist with the identification of training needs and ensure accurate site records are maintained at all times
• Experience within teams where motivation and development have been key drivers.
• Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
• Capability to work unsupervised and take responsibility.
Qualifications & experience:
• Successful track record of delivering cleaning and waste.
• Proven record of team leadership – 1 to 3 three years.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience of cleaning within the retail sector.
• Working knowledge of cleaning equipment/machines.
• Knowledge of managing rosta or rota patterns.
• BICSc certificate.
• Knowledge of COSHH.
• IOSH working Safely.
• Knowledge of handling cleaning products and chemicals safely.
• Must have a flexible hands-on attitude.
• Demonstrable customer service experience.
• Flexible attitude towards shift patterns required to meet the needs of the business.
• Aptitude to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to communicate across all levels with a sound understanding of diversity in the workplace
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Recruitment@Derbion.com
using ‘Environmental Services Team Leader (Nights)‘ in the subject line
October 31, 2022